We are committed to being open and transparent about how we work, our decision-making processes and the services we provide and follow the GOV.UK - Local government transparency code.
The information below is available on this website and available for re-use.
Open Government Licence
This information is licensed under the National Archives - Open Government Licence.
When you use this information under the Open Government Licence, you should include the following attribution:
- [Open data, Preston City Council, date], licensed under the National Archives - Open Government Licence.
Spending over £250
Government procurement card transactions
We use procurement cards for low value, ad-hoc purchases which cannot be procured from our contracted or preferred suppliers. For details of spending on these cards please visit our page.
As part of the government's initiative to implement e-procurement, we advertise of our contract opportunities on the The Chest - North West procurement portal.
We publish full details of all our Senior officers pay.
You can find a copy of our department structure on the Council departments page.
The articles of the constitution set out the basic principles that underlie the way the council operates. This can be found on the Council constitution page.
Local authority land
We publish details of all our land and building assets annually on our Business property page.
The brownfield land register identifies land suitable for housing to provide up-to-date, good quality and transparent information on local availability.
Details of counter fraud work
For details of counter fraud work carried out by us please see the benefit fraud page.
Planning applications and decisions
To view Planning applications and decisions in the Preston area please visit our Public access section.
Councillor allowances and expenses
Each year we publish a list of what our Councillors are allowed to claim as expenses and what they have actually claimed for that year.
Council minutes and papers
You can find the minutes of all our official council meetings in the Browse meetings section.
Business Rates accounts
We provide a list of companies and organisations that are liable for business rates in Preston.
Food hygiene reports for food outlets
Food Standards Agency - Food Hygiene Ratings can help to find recent food safety inspection results of restaurants and take aways in Preston. The food hygiene rating data is available via an application programming interface (API) in XML and JSON formats.
See the Food Standards Agency - UK food hygiene rating data API page for more information.
All our job vacancies are advertised in the .
- We have 4 trade union representatives (4.0 full time equivalent)
- We have no trade union representatives who devote at least 50% of their time to union duties
- We recognise three trade unions at the council - UNISON, UNITE and GMB Union
- The estimated spending on trade unions (estimated proportion of time spent on trade union duties x individual salaries) = £5,320.38 per year
- The estimated spending on trade unions as a percentage of the total pay bill is 0.0003%
Licensing applications and decisions
You can view details of the following types of licensed premises from our public registers page:
- Pet Shops
- Animal Boarding Establishments
- Street Traders
- Permitted Processes
- Motor Salvage Operators
- Cooling towers
- Register of Personal Licences (Licensing Act 2003)
- Register of Licensed Premises (Licensing Act 2003)
- Register of Gambling Premises (Gambling Act 2005)
- Hackney Carriages, Private Hire Driver and Private Hire Operators
The pay multiple is defined as the ratio between the highest taxable earnings for the given year (including base salary, variable pay, bonuses, allowances and the cash value of any benefits in kind) and the median earnings figure of the whole of the authority's workforce.
The ratio is 4.29:1.