The table below shows our senior management pay grades.
We also publish salaries which exceed £50,000 which can be found below and also in our statement of accounts.
These figures include fees and allowances.
For more information about the senior managers at director level please visit the Council departments and management team page.
You can also download the Organisational chart of the top three tiers (PDF) [98KB] .
Open Government Licence
This information is licensed under the National Archives - Open Government Licence.
When you use this information under the Open Government Licence, you should include the following attribution: [Senior officers pay, Preston City Council, Date], licensed under the National Archives - Open Government Licence.
Chief officers pay at 1 April 2023
- Chief Executive - £95,000 - £110,000
- Deputy Chief Executive and Director of Community and Wellbeing - £80,000 - £90,000
- Director of Environment and Property - £65,000 - £85,000
- Director of Development and Housing - £65,000 - £85,000
- Director of Resources - £65,000 - £85,000
- Chief Officer (Environmental Health) - £50,000 - £65,000
- City Solicitor and Monitoring Officer** - £55,000 - £70,000
*These figures are NET budgets. For a more detailed breakdown please visit the Council spending section.
**City Solicitor and Monitoring Officer is a Statutory Officer but not a Chief Officer.
Senior Salaries in excess of £50,000
The table below shows senior salaries in excess of £50,000 in brackets of £5,000 from 1 April 2023.
- £50,000 - £55,000 - 11
- £55,000 - £60,000 - 4
- £60,000 - £65,000 - 1
- £65,000 - £70,000 - 1
- £70,000 - £75,000 - 0
- £75,000 - £80,000 - 0
- £80,000 - £85,000 - 3
- £85,000 - £90,000 - 1
- £90,000 - £95,000 - 0
- £95,000 - £100,000 - 0
- £100,000 - £105,000 - 0
- £105,000 - £110,000 - 1
- £110,000 - £114,999 - 0
- £115,000 plus - 0
Total = 21
Senior Officer's roles and responsibilities at 1 April 2023
The Chief Executive has overall management and operational responsibility for the Council (586) including direct responsibility for Policy and External Relations (9).
Number of Staff - 577 and 9
Deputy Chief Executive and Director of Community and Wellbeing
Community and Wellbeing includes:
- Advice and Community Services including Homelessness and Housing Advice
- Environmental Health including Licensing, Dog Control, Cemetery and Crematorium, Pest Control
- Harris Museum and Art Gallery
- Revenues and Benefits
- Customer Contact Centre.
Number of Staff - 246
Director of Development and Housing
- City Growth and Regeneration
- Development Management and Building Control
- Housing Standards.
Number of Staff - 53
Director of Environment and Property
- Parking and Cleaning
- Neighbourhood Services including Waste, Streetscene and Parks
- Facilities including Porters
- Operational Property.
Number of Staff - 228
Director of Resources
- Financial Services
- Workforce and Civics
- Member Services
- Electoral Services.
Number of Staff - 45