Statement of Accounts
We are required to produce and publish the Statement of Accounts on an annual basis.
The Statement of Accounts gives information about the council's finances, where it gets its money from and where it spends it.
Statement of Accounts 2022/2023
Notice of delay of publication of unaudited accounts for the financial year ending 31 March 2023.
The Accounts and Audit (England) Regulations 2015 - Regulation 10, as amended by The Accounts and Audit (Amendment) Regulations 2022 require the Council to publish the unaudited Statement of Accounts for the financial year ending 31 March 2023 by 31 May 2023.
Notice is given that:
1) The Council has not yet published the draft Statement of Accounts for 2022/23, nor commenced the period for the exercise of public inspection.
2) The Council will publish a draft set of accounts as soon as reasonably practicable, following which the period for the exercise of public inspection will commence.
The delay has arisen due to national delays in public sector audits which has resulted in the delay in the audit, approval and publication of the 2021/22 Statement of Accounts. Once the 2021/22 Statement of Accounts have been approved, the Director of Resources will authorise the draft 2022/23 accounts for issue.
A further notice will be published in due course setting out the public inspection period as soon as the draft 2022/23 Statement of Accounts have been finalised.
Dated: 31 July 2023
Director of Resources and S151 Officer
Statement of Accounts 2021/2022
The Unaudited Statement of Accounts 2021/22 (PDF) [2MB] .
Declaration of the status of 2021/22 Statement of Accounts
The Declaration of Status of the Statement of Accounts 2021/22 (PDF) [76KB] .
Notice of commencement of the audit and the period for the exercise of public rights for the financial year 2021/22
The notice of the commencement of the audit and instructions on how to put questions about the Statements of Accounts to both the independent auditor and the Council can be found by downloading the Notice of Public Right of Inspection 2021-22 (PDF) [66KB]
Notice of conclusion of the audit 2021/22
At the end of the audit period the notice of conclusion of audit will appear here.
Annual Audit Letter and Audit Findings Report 2021/22
Once the independent auditor has verified the accounts and certified that they are accurate their annual audit letter will appear here.
Statement of Accounts 2020/2021
The Audited Statement of Accounts 2020-21 (PDF) [2MB] can be downloaded here.
Notice of conclusion of the audit 2020/21
Notice of the Conclusion of Audit 2020/21 (PDF) [95KB] can be downloaded here.
Annual Audit Letter and Audit Findings Report 2020/21
The Audit Findings Report 2020/21 (PDF) [5MB] can be downloaded here.
Documents available for Inspection
The documents referred to above will be available for inspection at the Council's Offices, Town Hall, Lancaster Road, Preston, Lancashire PR1 2RL, or by other means only by prior arrangement.
Please telephone 01772 906005 to make an appointment.
Printed copies are available on payment of a small charge to cover administrative costs.
Jackie Wilding, Director of Resources and Section 151 Officer.
Audited Statement of Accounts
- Audited Statement of Accounts 2019/20 (PDF) [2MB]
- Audited statement of accounts 2018/19 (PDF) [4MB]
- Audited Statement of accounts 2017/18 (PDF) [6MB]
- Audited statement of accounts 2016/17 (PDF) [1MB]
- Audited statement of accounts 2015/16 (PDF) [1MB]
- Audited statement of accounts 2014/15 (PDF) [1MB]
- Audited statement of accounts 2013/14 (PDF) [3MB]
Audit Findings Report
- Audit findings report 2019/20 (PDF) [944KB]
- Audit findings report 2017/18 (PDF) [841KB]
- Audit findings report 2016/17 (PDF) [1MB]
- Audit findings report 2015/16 (PDF) [500KB]
Last Updated 09 December 2022.