Council Tax change in circumstances
You must tell us right away about any changes in your circumstances.
If you don't, you may pay the wrong amount of Council Tax.
To inform us of a change in your circumstances, please complete the following form:
Report a change of circumstance
Examples of changes that may affect your Council Tax
Use the forms on this page to tell us about a change in your circumstances that may affect the Council Tax you have to pay:
- Change of circumstances: to report any changes in your circumstances that may affect your council tax. For example a name change, changes in your income or employment or changing your payment date
- Report a death: to report a death of a family member or friend
- Report a birth: you should only complete this form if you currently receive housing or council tax benefit
Other changes which may affect you
- if you move home
- if you change your name due to marriage or divorce or the name on your account is incorrect
- if you get single person discount and another adult moves in
- if you are a single parent in receipt of single person discount and one of your children reaches 18 years old
- if you get a discount for someone living with you and the person moves out, or the reason for the discount no longer exists, such as a student completing their course
- if you are getting disability relief and the disabled person no longer lives with you
- if your property is exempt and the reason for the exemption no longer exists
- if your property is empty and the property becomes occupied
- if you are getting Council Tax Support and your income or capital increases or decreases
This is not a full list. If you think a change may affect your Council Tax tell us anyway through our online change of circumstances form.