You must tell us right away about any changes in your circumstances.
If you don't, you may pay the wrong amount of Council Tax.
To inform us of a change in your circumstances, please complete the following form:
Report a change of circumstance
Examples of changes that may affect your Council Tax
Use the forms on this page to tell us about a change in your circumstances that may affect the Council Tax you have to pay:
- Change of circumstances: to report any changes in your circumstances that may affect your council tax. For example a name change, changes in your income or employment or changing your payment date
- Report a death: to report a death of a family member or friend
- Report a birth: you should only complete this form if you currently receive housing or council tax benefit
Other changes which may affect you
- if you move home
- if you change your name due to marriage or divorce or the name on your account is incorrect
- if you get single person discount and another adult moves in
- if you are a single parent in receipt of single person discount and one of your children reaches 18 years old
- if you get a discount for someone living with you and the person moves out, or the reason for the discount no longer exists, such as a student completing their course
- if you are getting disability relief and the disabled person no longer lives with you
- if your property is exempt and the reason for the exemption no longer exists
- if your property is empty and the property becomes occupied
- if you are getting Council Tax Support and your income or capital increases or decreases
This is not a full list. If you think a change may affect your Council Tax tell us anyway through our online change of circumstances form.