Government Grant Funding Options
Available Grant Funding for Neighbourhood Planning
If you are writing a Neighbourhood Development Plan or Neighbourhood Development Order and are based in England, your group will be eligible to apply for a 'Basic Grant' for up to £10,000 (Any grant support received since 2015 will be taken into account when assessing the amount of grant funding you can apply for).
As well as applying for a Basic Grant, you can apply for Technical Support to aide in the development of your neighbourhood plan or development order. Subject to meeting the necessary eligibility criteria.
This funding must be spent by the end of the financial year.
The Neighbourhood Planning Guidance Notes provide information about how the grant funding can be spent.
Additional Grant Funding
Your group could be eligible for an Additional Grant of up to £8,000 (in addition to the Basic Grant of £10,000 for a total of £18,000) subject to meeting at least one of the following eligibility criteria:
- Allocating sites for housing
- Including design codesin your plan
- A designated business neighbourhood plan
- A cluster of three or more parishes writing a single plan
- A Neighbourhood Area with a population of over 25,000
- A designated neighbourhood forum
- A group based in an area which has a high level of deprivation (where 30% or more of the neighbourhood area or population is in the 20% most deprived areas in England according to the Index of Multiple Deprivation).