If you have a lost dog, report it to us and we will contact you if we find a dog which matches the identity given.
Who can report a lost dog
You can report your dog to us if it went missing within the Preston area.
If your dog went missing from outside of Preston (e.g. whilst you were out walking), you will need to contact the council for that area.
To find the council visit GOV.UK - find your local council.
How to report a lost dog
You can report a lost dog through the following online form:
Please note: It is also recommended that you call all local vets and the RSPCA (Preston Branch Tel. 01772 792553).
What information should I include?
- Name, address, and contact telephone number(s)
- Full description of your dog (i.e: name / breed / age / colour / size / any identification such as collar and tag and if it is microchipped)
- Area in which your dog is regularly walked
- Area in which your dog went missing and approximate time
What happens next?
Our dog control team will record your dog on their lost dog register. If your dog is found it will be treated as a stray dog and taken to our kennels.
Once a dog has been collected as a stray, you need pay the release fee to the kennels before your animal is returned.
How much is it?
The release fee is £121 and includes:
- £95 for our cost recovery (contractor and kennel costs)
- £26 Fixed Penalty Fee (for allowing your dog to stray)
Payment can be made by card or cash at our kennels.
Please note: there is no facility for payment by instalments and there are no exceptions made.