Assisted bin collection
Do you find it difficult to carry your boxes to the kerbside or drag your bin to your collection point?
An assisted collection is available to residents who have problems moving their bins on collection days.
Who is it for?
Residents with additional needs may request an assisted collection if there is no one else in the household who is able to move bins to the edge of the property or collection point.
How to apply
To find out if we can help you with your bin collection you must complete the following form and include the reason you are requesting an assisted collection:
Please note: you must complete all sections of the form or your request may not be considered.
What happens next?
We will contact you within 1-2 weeks to discuss your application once you have completed the form.
What you must do if you have assisted collections
- Ensure we have access to the property on your collection day
- Leave your gate unlocked
- Make sure your bin is accessible to us. Crews will put the bin back where it was
- Not have dogs or other pets loose on your property
- Let us know if your circumstances change and you no longer need an assisted collection
- Inform us if you have moved property so we can amend the collection system
When will it be reviewed?
An assisted collection may be on a temporary or permanent basis, however we will review your assist request yearly to see whether you need to stay on assisted collections.