Toggle menu

Council tax and business rates outstanding balance issues

We are currently experiencing a technical issue affecting the outstanding balance shown for Council Tax and NNDR accounts online. We apologise for the inconvenience and are working to fix this issue as soon as possible.

Housing association accommodation

Detached house

Following a stock transfer in November 2005, we no longer have council housing to rent.

Our former housing stock was transferred to a housing association.

To search and apply for housing association accommodation, please visit Select Move - Login.

What is a housing association?

Housing associations are non-profit organisations that let homes to people in housing need. Rents are generally cheaper than privately rented accommodation and the tenancy agreement usually provides better security of tenure than private lets.

Apply for housing with Select Move

Select Move is a partnership lettings service, which helps people find a housing association home as quickly and easily as possible. Most housing associations in Preston are part of Select Move. Landlords who are part of the service include:

  • Accent Foundation
  • Community Gateway Association
  • Jigsaw
  • Great Places
  • Onward Homes
  • Places for People
  • Progress Housing Group
  • Your Housing
  • Sage

(Please note that this service covers Preston, South Ribble and Chorley)

The Select Move application process

  • To be considered for a housing association property you will need to register by filling in the Select Move apply for housing form by visiting Select Move - Apply here.
  • You will be put onto a list (called a 'band') of people wanting to move home.
  • Lists of homes to rent are published on Select Move - Housing list.
  • The information on available homes will be updated on a weekly basis and available every Friday at midnight - You may choose up to five homes in each cycle.
  • If only one person has shown an interest in a property and they are suitable, they will get an offer.
  • If more than one person is interested in a home, the customer who most closely matches the property requirements will get the offer.
  • If more than one person is still suitable, the person that has been registered with Select Move the longest will be successful.

For further information, you can contact any of the Select Move partners on 0800 655 6785

Housing associations not in Select Move

There are a number of local housing associations that are not part of Select Move.
Many of these associations allow you to complete application forms online. The points system and how properties are allocated all vary.

These associations are:

Housing swap

If you are already a housing association tenant in South Ribble, Chorley or Preston and want to swap your home you can use the Select Move - house swap direct facility.

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email