Electric vehicle charging points - Avenham car park
An electric vehicle charging point is a place for electric car owners to charge their vehicle with electric energy.
Where are the charging points located?
The charging points are located on the ground floor near to the disabled bays and the Syke Street exit.
There are 2 double EV charging points, capable of providing up to 7.4KW charging rates at each of the 4 sockets.
The four bays are coloured green with the sign 'For Electric Vehicle Parking Only Whilst Charging'.
How much are they to use?
- bp pulse subscription member 44 pence/KWh
- non-bp pulse subscription member 57 pence/KWh
When parked in an Electric Vehicle Charging Bay a valid pay and display parking ticket must be clearly on display in the vehicle or the vehicle must have a valid virtual parking ticket/permit during the period of charging.
For parking costs see Avenham car park.
Charging your vehicle
Members of the bp pulse EV charging network
1. Place your bp pulse smart card or bp pulse key fob on the red target above the screen and the screen will display a green tick.
2. The screen will tell you when to connect your vehicle at which time connect your cable to the appropriate socket.
3. Once the Unit has recognised that you have connected your cable, the unit will lock your cable into place and the lights will change from flashing blue to green.
4. In the bottom corner of the screen, it will state 'Charging' and the top corner of the screen will display the energy provided.
5. To finish charging, present your bp pulse smart card or bp pulse key fob to the red target as in step 1. The charging session will end and you will be prompted to remove the cable.
Non member of the bp pulse charging network
If you are not a member of the bp pulse charging network already then you can join by downloading the following Android or Apple App and registering:
Once registered, you can draw down on funds added to the App account to pay for the energy used if you do not have a bp pulse smart card. For more details contact bp pulse 0330 016 5126.
How long can you use the charging points for?
The electric vehicle charging points are limited to 4 hours charging with no return within 8 hours to any charging point in this car park.
How to report an issue with the charging point
To report a defect with these EV Charging Points, please call us on 01772 906792 during normal office hours Monday to Friday.
Parking fines (Penalty Charge Notices)
If you stay longer than four hours at the charging point, return before 8 hours or fail to pay for a parking ticket, you may receive a PCN
To pay or challenge a Penalty Charge Notice please visit parking fines (Penalty Charge Notices).
Map address for Avenham car park
Avenham car park, Syke Street, Preston, PR1 3XA.