Residential bin deliveries terms and conditions
1. The service is for domestic properties and developments only. Businesses and commercial premises should refer to the Business Waste and Recycling for details of collection services provided by the Council.
2. Deliveries will only be made to properties within the Preston City Council area. To find out if your property is in the Preston City Council area visit GOV.UK - find your local council.
3. The standard eligibility per dwelling is a single 240l capacity wheeled grey domestic refuse bin, two 180l capacity wheeled green recycling bins and an optional 240l capacity wheeled brown garden waste bin. If residents are recycling correctly and require more domestic waste capacity, a 360l capacity wheeled grey domestic refuse bin may be requested using the bigger wheeled bin request form or by calling 01772 906905. Requests will be vetted by a recycling officer and the decision is at the discretion of the Council.
4. Flats and apartments are each entitled to the same basic eligibility as a standard dwelling, however bins may be provided on a communal basis dependent on storage provision and access requirements. Houses in Multiple Occupancy (HMO) are subject to the same eligibility as a single standard dwelling. It is up to the owner or manager of the HMO to ensure there is adequate waste provision. If further provision is required or more frequent collections are necessary the Council reserve the right to charge for the collections over and above the basic eligibility.
5. The customer has entered in to a contract for Preston City Council to deliver a domestic general refuse bin(s), domestic recycling bin(s) or domestic garden waste bin(s), or any combination thereof.
6. The charge covers delivery. The bin(s) remain(s) the property of Preston City Council at all times.
7. The standard charge is for the delivery of a single bin. Multiple charges will be levied in line with the number of bins to be delivered.
8. Bins supplied may be brand new or refurbished and show signs of previous use, but will be delivered fit for purpose.
Cancellations and refunds
10. In line with the Consumer Contracts (Information, Cancellation and Additional Charges) Regulations 2013, the customer has 14 days following the date of payment to request cancellation without having to give a reason and receive a full refund.
Preston City Council
12. Cancellation requests shall be received within 14 days following the date of payment of payment. Cancellation requests shall not be accepted after this time and refunds will not be given.
13. No refunds will be given once delivery has been made or attempted.
14. The Council reserve the right to cancel orders where the eligibility criteria has not been met. This is at the discretion of the Council.
15. Deliveries will not take place until correct payment has been made. Payments can be made by credit or debit card using the correct form on the Preston City Council website or by calling 01772 906905.
16. Bins will be delivered within 6 weeks following the date of payment, excepting where delivery has been attempted as per sections 22) and/or 23).
17. Bins will be delivered to the property requested. Bins are not available for collection in person.
18. The resident or householder is not necessarily required to be in attendance for the delivery.
19. No signature is required on completion of the delivery.
20. The resident is responsible for ensuring adequate access to the property for delivery of the bin. For example, any gates should be left unlocked and dogs left indoors.
21. The Council cannot guarantee delivery on a specific date.
22. Where access has not been possible to complete the delivery, the Council shall reattempt delivery as soon as is practicable.
23. The Council cannot be held responsible for failure to deliver the bin(s) where it has not been possible due to forces outside of its control.
24. Delivery of bins for new properties may be made to a site compound or other storage area in the case of new developments. Developers should contact Waste Management to discuss the options at least six weeks in advance of an anticipated delivery date.
25. In instances where a replacement bin has been ordered and a serviceable bin of that type is found to be at the property at the time of the delivery of the replacement bin, the replacement bin may not be left and no refund will be applicable.
26. In instances where an additional bin has been ordered and the property already has the maximum number of bins of that type permitted at the time of the delivery of the additional bin, the additional bin may not be left and no refund will be applicable.
27. The bin(s) shall be allocated to the property to which it is delivered, and shall not be removed or transferred from the property without the prior permission of the Council.
Loss or damage
28. The resident is responsible for loss or damage to the bin, except that caused in the performance of the collection by Council operatives or machinery.
29. A replacement bin may be supplied without charge if the lid or wheel(s) is damaged, or if the bin is split.
30. The resident shall be liable to pay for delivery of a replacement bin should the bin be lost, stolen or damaged by fire.
31. The Council reserve the right to repossess the bin(s) in the case of misuse.
33. The customer's statutory rights are not affected by the terms and conditions of this contract.
34. Please refer to the Privacy Notice for how the Council handles customer's data. Preston City Council comply with all applicable data protection regulations.