Business support and advice
Support and advice for businesses affected by COVID-19.

Complaints against Councillors

Complaints speech bubble with a cross mark in the bubble

You can make a complaint about a councillor if you feel that they have failed to abide by the council's Code of conduct.

Complaints against councillors are considered initially by the council's Monitoring Officer in consultation with an appointed Independent Person. Icon for pdf The arrangements for Dealing with Complaints about the Code of Conduct for Members [170.7KB], sets out how you may make a complaint.

If the Monitoring Officer and Independent Person decided to send a complaint forward for investigation then it would go to a hearings panel who would follow the Local hearings procedure.

How to make a complaint

As a result of the Covid-19 outbreak the Council is facing added pressures. 

As such, it has been decided to pause its work on investigating any new Standards complaints due to the added administrative pressures it entails whilst distracting the Council from delivering its priority services. 

All complainants will be notified and the Council will maintain records of contact so it will resume work on the complaint(s) when appropriate.

Thank you for your patience at this time and we will be in touch.

If you still wish to make a complaint

You can make a complaint against a councillor in the following ways:

Online -  complete our make a complaint against a councillor form. 

Offline - complete the Icon for pdf Complaints against members form [70.94KB] and post to: 

The Monitoring Officer 
Preston City Council
Town Hall 
Lancaster Road 

Please mark all correspondence "Private and Confidential".

Complaints against the council

To make a complaint against the council please visit our complaints page.

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email


Print this page