Food hygiene training
By law, staff handling food must be supervised and trained in food hygiene to a level that is appropriate for the work that they do.
Do staff need to complete a certified course?
Although it is not a legal requirement to attend a formal course, many food businesses find that this is the best way to ensure that their staff gain the knowledge required, in addition to on the job training.
Where to find certified courses
For training courses visit:
Useful food safety training videos
The following Food Standard Agency (FSA) videos found on YouTube provide best practice guidance around food safety. You may find these videos helpful as part of your staff training, induction or refresher training:
- YouTube - Food safety coaching
- YouTube - Handwashing
- YouTube - Keeping equipment separate
- YouTube - Pest control
- YouTube - Keeping foods covered
- YouTube - Cross contamination of staff illness
- YouTube - Cleaning effectively
- YouTube - Chilled storage and display
- YouTube - Chilling foods
- YouTube - Cooking safely
- YouTube - Reheating