Our flag flying policy sets out the days on which the flags can be flown on a council building.
- The Union Flag will be flown on all days with the exception of those dates listed at Section 2 of the policy
- The Rainbow Flag will fly every year in support of the Pride Movement and to demonstrate the council's commitment to equality and the inclusion of all its citizens
- The Guild City Flag will fly above the Town Hall entrance
- The Commonwealth Flag will fly on the second Monday of March each year in support of Commonwealth Day
- The Armed Forces Flag will fly for one week every year in support of the nation's armed forces. The date each year to coincide with armed forces week
- The St. George's Day Flag will fly on 23 April
- The Lancashire Day Flag will be flown on 27 November each year
The Cabinet Member for Community and the Environment will consider and determine any request to fly a flag on the Town Hall, which is not listed in the Policy.
For more information please see the flag flying policy in the downloads section.