The council tax payable could be reduced if one of the residents is employed to provide care to the other household member.
Are you eligible for carers discount?
To be eligible you must:
- Be resident in the same dwelling as the person receiving the care
- Provide care for an average of 35 hours per week
- Provide care for a person who is entitled to one of the following benefits
- Must not be caring for a spouse or partner, or, a son or daughter who is under 18 years old
The person being cared for must also get one of these benefits:
- Attendance Allowance
- The highest or middle rate of the care component of disability living allowance
- The appropriately increased rate of disablement pension
- An increase in a constant attendance allowance
- The standard or enhanced rate of the daily living component of Personal Independence Payments
The person liable for the Council Tax must complete the application. Evidence of the entitlement to the allowance/pension should be forwarded with this application.
How do I apply?
To apply please complete the following form: