Variation of a Gambling Premises Licence
The holder of a premises licence may apply to the licensing authority to vary the licence by:
- Adding, amending or removing an authorised activity
- Amending another detail of the licence
- Excluding a condition attached
- Adding, amending or removing a condition attached to the licence
How much is the licence?
|Adult gaming centre premises||£1,000|
|Family entertainment centre premises||£1,000|
For additional costings please visit the Gambling fees page.
How to apply
Complete theand return to us:
Environmental Health Department
Payment can be made card through the licensing office on 01772 906910 (option 1) using a debit or credit card.
What should I include?
- Correct gambling fees
- Plans drawn to a suitable scale
Publishing a notice of application
Once you have submitted your application, you need to complete and notify responsible authorities in the following ways:
1. a notice outside the premises for 28 consecutive days where it can be read conveniently using the Governments prescribed
2. A notice in a newspaper or newsletter of local relevance, on at least one occasion within ten days of the application being made. This should contain the same information as the notice placed on the premises.
3. A notice to all responsible authorities within seven days of the application being made (unless made online) using the for individual applicants or for an organisation of multiple persons.
Please note: a list of responsible authorities can be found at the bottom of this page.
What if a valid representation is made?
If valid representations are received a committee hearing will be held to determine the whether the application is granted or rejected.
Appealing a rejected application
You have 21 days to appeal against a rejection or grant of a premises licence from receipt of the notice of decision from the licensing authority
The appeal should be lodged with Preston Magistrates' Court.
When will I receive confirmation of the variation?
Applications can be granted after a minimum period of twenty-eight days assuming no valid representations are received.
Licensing Unit, Lancashire Police, Preston Divisional Headquarters, Lancaster Road Noth, Preston, PR1 2SA
Telephone - 01772 209794 extension 5
Victoria Square House, Victoria Square, Birmingham
Telephone - 0121 230 6666
Divisional Manager (Development Control), Environmental Services, Town Hall, Lancaster Road, PR1 2RL
Telephone - 01772 906580
Fire and Rescue
Lancashire Fire and Rescue Service, Preston Fire Safety Department, Blackpool Road, Preston, PR1 6US
Telephone - 01772 556506
Environmental Services (Noise and Nuisance) Town Hall, Lancaster Road, PR1 2RL
Telephone - 01772 906151
HM Revenue and Customs
Betting and Gaming, National Registration Unit, Portcullis House, 21 India Street, Glasgow, G2 4PZ
Telephone - 0141 555 3633
Protection of Children
Lancashire Safeguarding Children's, Board Manager, Room B52, Po Box 61, County Hall, Preston, PR1 8RJ
Telephone - 01772 533495
Environmental Health Department, Town Hall, Lancaster Road, PR1 2RL
Telephone - 01772 906199