Gambling licence provisional statement
Gambling licence provisional statements allow you to see if a licence application would be granted for a gambling premises that you:
- expect to be constructed
- expect to be altered
- expect to acquire a right to occupy
How much is it?
The cost of a provisional gambling statement depends on the type of gambling business:
|Adult gaming centre premises||£1,200|
|Family entertainment centre premises||£950|
For additional costings please visit the Gambling fees page.
How to apply
Please complete the
Environmental Health Department
Payment can be made card through the licensing office on 01772 906910 (option 1) using a debit or credit card.
What should I include?
- The correct gambling fee
- Plans drawn to a suitable scale
Publishing a notice of application
Once you have submitted your application, you need to notify and complete the, in the following ways:
1. a notice outside the premises for 28 consecutive days where it can be read conveniently using the Governments.
2. A notice in a newspaper or newsletter of local relevance, on at least one occasion within ten days of the application being made. This should contain the same information as the notice placed on the premises.
3. A notice to all responsible authorities within seven days of the application being made (unless made online) usingfor individual applicants or for an organisation of multiple persons.
What if a valid representation is made?
If valid representations are received a committee hearing will be held to determine the whether the application is granted or rejected.
Appealing a rejected application
You have 21 days to appeal against a rejection or grant of a premises licence from receipt of the notice of decision from the licensing authority.
The appeal should be lodged with Preston Magistrates Court.
When will I receive my provisional statement?
Applications can be granted after a minimum period of twenty-eight days assuming no valid representations are received.