Friends of the park
Friends of the Park are community groups made up of people who have an interest in our Parks and how they are managed.
What do they do?
Friends of the Park groups work in partnership with us to maintain our parks to a high standard and continue to develop to meet the needs of the community.
The groups help with park related projects, organise community events, contribute to management decisions and help raise funding for improvements and new facilities.
Who can join?
Anyone can join and give as much or as little time as they want to help maintain our parks to a high standard.
Which parks have groups?
The following groups are currently active:
- Friends of Ashton Park
- Friends of Avenham and Miller Park
- Broadgate Residents Action Group
- Friends of Conway Park
- Friends of Fishwick and St Matthews
- Friends of Haslam Park
- Friends of Highgate Wood
- Grimsargh Green
- Jubilee Action Group
- Friends of Moor Park
- Friends of Winkley Square
For more information on local residential action groups contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to become a member
You can become a member of a Friends of the Park through the following ways:
- Email- email@example.com
- Call- 01772 906471
- Attend one of the Friends meetings - often advertised on park noticeboards
- Speak to an existing Friends member - usually wearing a high vis jacket when active on the park
How to become a volunteer
If you want to join a group but are interested in volunteering please complete the following form:
How to set up a group
1. Find out if a group already exists in the areas you are interested in.
2. Find likeminded people who want to become involved in the voluntary group.
3. Advertise an informal meeting for interested parties and get as much interest as possible. This could include council representatives, councillors, community leaders etc.
4. If there is enough interest then start up your group using guidance from our.
Follow us on social media
Keep up to date with news, events and meeting details by following the Friend of the Park groups on social media:
- Facebook - Friends of Avenham and Miller Park
- Facebook - Friends of Haslam Park
- Facebook - Friends of Moor Park
- Facebook - Friends of Winkley Square Gardens
- Facebook - Friends of Ashton Park
Map addresses for parks in Preston
- Ashton Park, Pedders Ln, Ashton-on-Ribble, Preston PR2 1HL.
- Avenham Park, South Meadow Lane, Preston, PR1 8JT.
- Haslam Park, Bristow Avenue, Ashton, Preston, PR2 1JE.
- Highgate Wood, Savick Brook.
- Moor Park, Preston, PR1 6AS.
- Ribbleton Park, Off New Hall Lane, Preston, PR1 5XE.
- Grange Park, Mitton Drive, Ribbleton, Preston, PR2 6EN.
- Winkley Square Gardens, Preston, PR1 3JJ.
- Conway Park, Fulwood, Preston PR2 3EP.
- Fishwick Recreation Ground & Local Nature Reserve, London Road, Preston PR1 4XJ.
- Grimsargh Green, Whittingham Lane, Preston, PR3 5DA.
- Meadow Park, Broadgate, Preston, PR1 8JQ.