- Browse meetings and agendas for the Planning Committee
- View contact details for the members of the Planning Committee
- View attendance statistics
- View declarations of interest
Purpose of committee
To exercise the development control and regulatory powers and duties of the Council under the Town and Country Planning Acts (and any Regulations or Orders thereunder) and Schedule 1 to the Functions Regulations.
Planning Committee Meetings
Due to the COVID-19 outbreak the Council made arrangements for its meetings to take place virtually.
As of 7 May 2021 the Coronavirus Regulations no longer apply and following a High Court ruling on 28 April 2021 the Council must return to face to face meetings. The High Court issued another judgement on 4 May 2021 stating that physical access to meetings must be provided for members of the public.
As such, the Council will return to its previous format of meetings, albeit with social distancing measures in place. The time and venue of each meeting will be details on the front of each agenda.
Details of venues and the time of the meeting will be set out on the published agenda.
Please note that the Council will be restricted in how many members of the public it may allow into each meeting room due to accommodating social distancing rules.
There are no plans to webcast any of the Council's meetings at this time as work is being undertaken in meeting rooms to update existing equipment.
The new calendar of meetings for the 2021/22 Municipal Year, approved at Council on 10 December 2020 remains unchanged.
The next Planning Committee meeting
The next Planning Committee meeting is scheduled for Thursday 30 September 2021 at 10am.
The location of the meeting will now be held in Room A, Ground Floor, Town Hall, and not virtually.
You can view the agenda and report pack for this meeting. This will not show until the week before the meeting.
To register to speak at Planning Committee please visit the planning application search and enter the application number you wish to speak about and complete the online form.
Who can speak at Planning Committee?
Any person directly affected by Planning proposals including applicants, objectors or supporters (or their representatives) may request to speak at Planning Committee.
Ward Councillors whose wards are directly affected by proposals may also request to speak.
Each request will be considered by the Chair prior to the meeting, taking into account whether the proposals directly affect the speakers (or whom they represent) and the number requesting to speak.
For more information about Planning Committee please contact Zuber Bapu on 01772 906309.
Membership of the Planning Committee
- Councillor Peter Moss - (Chair)
- Councillor Ismail Bax - (Vice-Chair)
- Councillor David Borrow
- Councillor Neil Darby
- Councillor Maxwell Green
- Councillor James Thomas Hull
- Councillor Javed Iqbal, JP
- Councillor Harry Landless
- Councillor Jennifer Mein
- Councillor Yakub Patel
- Councillor Mrs Susan Whittam
- Councillor Phoenix Adair - (Reserve)
- Councillor Geoffrey Aldridge - (Reserve)
- Councillor Lynne Brooks - (Reserve)
- Councillor Phil Crowe - (Reserve)
- Councillor Salim Desai - (Reserve)
- Councillor Jade Morgan - (Reserve)
- Zuber Bapu (Secretary)
- Support officer - Zuber Bapu, Member Services Officer, 01772 906309
- Postal address - Town Hall, Lancaster Road, Preston, PR1 2RL
- Telephone - 01772 906309
- Email - firstname.lastname@example.org