What evidence do I need to provide?
We need certain information and evidence from you to process your claim as quickly as possible.
When making a claim remember
- Always provide evidence of your income and capital and any other relevant information
- Always complete and send in your form as soon as possible
- Always provide any evidence asked from you as soon as possible
When making a new claim you will need to provide identiﬁcation for yourself and proof of your National Insurance Number.
Acceptable forms of proof of National Insurance Number
- P45 or P60
- Wage slip
- Tax letter
- DWP notiﬁcation letter
- RD3 National Insurance card
Acceptable forms of identiﬁcation
- Current valid passport
- National Identity card issued by a European Economic Area member state
- Full Driving Licence
- UK Residence permit
- Marriage certiﬁcate
- Paid utility bill
- Birth certiﬁcate
- Beneﬁt award letter from DWP
- Letter from solicitor, social worker, probation ofﬁcer, doctor
Types of income proof we need
We need to see a notification letter for your current award if you receive Income Support, Job Seekers Allowance (income based) or Pension Credits.
Proof of earnings
- For each job - 5 weekly, 3 fortnightly or 2 monthly consecutive wage slips. If you do not have these ask us for an 'employers certiﬁcate'. This must include a company stamp
- If you are self-employed - your last proﬁt and loss accounts covering a 12 month period. If you do not have these ask for a self-employed form from us
Proof of other income
State beneﬁts and pension
- Department for Works and Pension notiﬁcation letter for the current award
- Bank statement showing the payments going in
- Pay Slips
- Letter from your former employer
- Tax Credits - HMRC notiﬁcation letter - all pages
- Maintenance - Letter from Child Support Agency or a letter from payer
- Other income - Letter showing the amount and frequency
- Student grant / loan - Current grant / loan award letter including a full breakdown of the type of grant
- Child care payments - Receipts showing the amount of payments made, frequency of the payments and the childminder's OFSTED registration number
- Proof of capital - Up to date bank statements covering the last 2 months.
- Share certiﬁcates
- National savings certiﬁcates
- Premium bonds
- Documentary evidence of any other type of capital
- Second properties - Evidence of the current valuation and the amount of the outstanding mortgage
- Evidence of the amount of any rental income received
How to send your documents
You can use our new My Scan app to send us your documents.
It is a quick, easy and secure way to send us your documents 24/7 from home via your computer, tablet or smartphone.
My Scan ensures that documents securely land in our back office systems ready for processing.
Alternatively you can upload any information direct to us by using our E-Claim upload form or you can e-mail your documents to us at email@example.com.