This grant scheme supports businesses in Preston with a rateable value that were open as usual, providing services in person to customers, but which have been severely impacted due to local and national restrictions imposed by Government.
The business must have been trading the day before restrictions came into force.
These restrictions came into force in Preston on the 8 August 2020.
It covers specific businesses in the Hospitality, Leisure and Accommodation sectors of the local economy that weren't legally required to close but were severely impacted by various Covid restrictions (Tier 2/3/4 or National Closure or Lockdown Restrictions) since the 8th August 2020..
Who is it for?
The Hospitality, Leisure and Accommodation sector includes the following types of business, although this list is not exhaustive:
- Pubs, clubs, bars
- Cafés and restaurants
- Hotels, Boarding Houses, Camping Sites, Holiday Centres etc
- Halls, Community Centres etc
- Leisure such as, Gyms, sports centres, dance studios, fitness studios, soft play, trampoline parks, bowling alleys, sporting clubs, fishing lakes etc.
- Theatres, Cinemas, Entertainment venues, Function rooms
- Amusement Arcades
How much is the grant?
The amount you get depends on the rateable value of your premises.
- Grants of up to £934 per 28-day period for eligible businesses occupying hereditaments with a rateable value of exactly £15,000 or under on the date of the commencement of the local restrictions.
- Grants of up to £1,400 per 28-day period for eligible businesses occupying hereditaments with a rateable value over £15,000 and less than £51,000 on the date of the commencement of the local restrictions.
- Grants of up to £2,100 per 28-day period for eligible businesses occupying hereditaments with a rateable value of exactly £51,000 or above on the date of the commencement of the local restrictions.
- Businesses established after the introduction of LCAL 2 restrictions in their Local Authority will not be eligible to receive grant funding ie must be established before 8 August 2020.
- Businesses which are able to continue to operate during the lockdown because they do not depend on providing direct in-person services from their premises and can operate their services effectively remotely (e.g. accountants, solicitors).
- Businesses that are able to operate a full service online
- Businesses that have reached the State Aid limit
- Businesses that were in administration, are insolvent or where a striking-off notice has been made at the date of the local lockdown are not eligible for funding under this scheme.
- Businesses not in the Hospitality, Leisure and Accommodation sectors.
- Businesses in areas outside the scope of the localised restrictions, as defined by Government, are also excluded.
How to apply
To apply for the Local Restrictions Support Grant for businesses open as usual, please complete our online form below.
Apply for the Local Restrictions Support Grant (Open)
Application Methods and Queries
If you are able to apply online this is the quickest way for your application to be processed. If you have any problems with the online form, please let us know and we will be happy to assist you.
To request a paper application form please, email firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions about this scheme, please contact the Business Support Team by email at email@example.com.