Visiting Preston city centre safely
Preston City Centre has now reopened with shops, bars and restaurants. Preston City Council worked with key partners such as the Business Improvement District and Lancashire County Council to safely and successfully re-open businesses in Preston.
We recommend that you follow the Government's Covid-19 advice, before and during your visit to Preston. Consult the articles below for the latest updates:
- Living safely with respiratory infections, including COVID-19 - GOV.UK
- Coronavirus (COVID-19): guidance and support - GOV.UK
- Testing for coronavirus (COVID-19) - NHS
- Find a walk-in coronavirus (COVID-19) vaccination site - NHS
Help us protect you and others
In order to welcome everyone back to Preston city centre safely, we all have a role to play.
Key ways you can keep yourself and everyone else safe:
● Wash and sanitise your hands regularly
● Give each other space and socially distance
● Follow the governments face covering advice
● Being prepared to queue
● Going cashless if you can
● Only picking up things you are going to buy
These government rules are in place to keep everyone safe - shoppers, bar and restaurant goers, employees and business owners.
Plan your journey
Please plan your journey (both there and back) ahead of time, and if you're using public transport or a taxi ensure you have the correct money and a face covering if you wish.
If you're planning on having a drink make sure you've planned your journey home and do not drink and drive.
We ask for your continued patience as we all adapt to the new circumstances.
We are working with partners to put measures in place to keep everyone safe.