The articles of the Constitution set out the basic principles that underlie the way the council operates.
To view the full constitution in separate parts please visit full constitution (separate parts).
You can also download a copy of the
We also have an
The other parts of the constitution include:
- details of the council and the committees to which the council has delegated various powers and the functions that are the responsibility of the executive
- the terms of reference of the various committees and other bodies
- the standing orders that regulate the proceedings at meetings
- financial regulation's
- the code of practice for the procurement of works, supplies and services
- codes of conduct for members and employees
- the schedule for the payment of member's allowances
- and a description of the management structure of the council's workforce.