Toggle menu

Single occupier discount

Pound sign in a downward arrow to show reduction icon

If you are the only person aged 18 or over living in your home you can apply for a 25% discount on your Council Tax bill.

If you receive Council Tax Support your 25% discount will be taken off the full amount of your Council Tax, and your Council Tax Support entitlement will be worked out again.

How do I apply?

Apply for single person discount  

Disregarded persons

In certain situations, people may be disregarded when counting the number of adult residents.

If, after disregarding a person, the number of adults resident remains as one, a 25% discount is given. If all residents are disregarded, a 50% discount is given.

Disregarded persons categories

If you want to claim for a disregarded person please complete and return the appropriate online form.

Share this page

Share on Facebook Share on Twitter Share by email